Butterfly Valves Details
American Wheatley Butterfly Valves are designed for commercial and industrial application up to 225 PSI. We offer two styles Lug and Wafer with variations of the Lug style. 250lb Lug Style Butterfly Valves are EPDM Seat, Meets MSS-SP-67 & API 609 with a maximum temperature of 225 F operating temperature (250 F intermittent). The 250LB Lug is also available with a 10 position lever handle or gear operator. The Lug Style Butterfly Valve – Gear has a standard EPDM Seat, Meets MSS-SP-67 & API 609 with a maximum temperature of 200 F operating temperature (225 F intermittent). For additional information reference the catalogs sheets table below. Consult with our staff for availability.
Butterfly Valves Features
American Wheatley Butterfly Valves are designed for commercial and industrial application up to 225 PSI.
- Specifically designed for HVAC applications
- Meets MSS-SP-67 and API 609
- ANSI Class 125/150 lb.
- 200 PSI WOG rated
- Low operating torque
- Streamlined disc minimizes turbulence and pressure drop
- One-piece resilient seat eliminated flange gaskets
- Stem O-rings prevent atmospheric contamination from entering line medium
- Two-piece stem allows for easy assembly and maintenance
- Long neck allows ample clearance for piping insulation
- All valves 100% hydrostatically pressure tested on both sides
- Maximum temperature 0°F-200°F continuous or 0°F-225°F intermittent
- Extended neck accepts insulation
- Meets API-609 and MSS SP-67 specifications
- ISO mounting Pad
- Ductile Iron body standard
- Optional: Body and seat can be pinned for dead end service
- Phenolic backed cartridge seat design for extended service life. Can be used for vacuum services.
- Seating area designed for low friction, tight seal
- Molded-flange ribs for tight gasket sealing
- Elastomer molded for primary stem sealing
- EPDM standard
- PTFE & BUNA optional
- Seat & Disc designed for 100% bubble tight shutoff
- Valves are designed for bi-directional service