Heat Exchangers Details
American Wheatley HVAC offers ASME shell and tube exchangers available in sizes 4″ through 30″. We also offer a complete line of Plate & Frame Heat Exchangers.
Whether you’re heating or cooling, these heat exchangers are dependable and powerful with or without fluid separation.
Heat Exchangers Features
Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers
- Constructed in accordance with ASME Section VIII
- U-Tube construction
- High degree of flexibility in materials to meet varying conditions
- Available in 2. 4, or 6 pass construction
- All fabrication done in-house
- National board registration
- Additional materials for heads, tubesheets, baffles, and tie rods
- CRN registration
- Optional saddles
- Computerized selections available through authorized HVAC representatives
Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers
American Wheatley offers a full range of plate & frame heat exchangers which affords higher efficiencies, lower fouling, and modular construction that can easily be field modified.
The high turbulence of a plate heat exchanger reduces fouling risks while increasing performance. An optimized PHE will be ½ the size (or less) than an equivalent shell & tube while reaching approach temperatures as low as 2°F.
- Port diameter sizes from 1” to 20”
- Up to 20,000 gpm (4,450 m³/hr)
- Maximum pressure rating of 450 psi
- Maximum temperature rating of 374°F (190°C)
- ASME certified.
- Modular frame design allowing for easy plate pack modification if the working medium or thermal requirements change.
- Optimized plate corrugation ensuring even flow distribution across the entire plate surface.
- Tool-less and adhesive free gaskets for quick maintenance.
- Self-aligning plate pack geometry virtually eliminates plate pack problems even after repeated service.