Sediment Removal Separator
Sediment Removal Separator Details
American Wheatley also offers a centrifugal type sediment removal separator. While the design is similar to the American Wheatley TAS Series air separator, the SRS sediment removal separator also offers the advantage of solids removal.
The tangential design allows for sediment removal through the vortex action, which forces suspended sediment to the outside of the vessel and into the bottom sump where it can be easily removed. The tangential action also creates a vortex that forces entrained air into the center, which is then removed through the top opening, vented to the atmosphere or sent to the expansion tanks.
Sediment Removal Separator features
- Carbon Steel Construction
- Constructed in accordance with Section VIII of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- Standard Design Pressure 125 PSI
- Removes Sediment and Entrained Air
- Tangential Design Bottom sump and drain
- Higher Pressures available
- Larger sizes available
SRS – Sediment Removal Separator including performance data
MG – Magnetic Option for Air Separation Devices
SRS Model (.SAT) Files